Thursday, August 26, 2010

the reason my car now looks like this take 2


there's a little news report. not sure how accurate that all is. I don't remember the accident or the couple days after. By Tuesday I think I'd realized from repetition that I wasn't dreaming we'd gotten in a car wreck on the way to Washington.
We'd actually done it.

I was at harborview medical center in Seattle where they moved me because of my condition Saturday night. The news piece says they took me to Yakima but my neck had been hammered down into my shoulders hard enough to dislocate my cervical vertebrae from my thoracic. So I arrived in Seattle a couple hours later where surgeons cleaned up my broken hand and set in a splint for a later surgery. They stretched my spine back into position, and fused my neck vertebrae to my chest vertebrae.

I was on heavy narcotics for the next couple of days till Mom informed them that I didn't use any stimulants at all. so they switched me to Tylenol and oxycodone which brought my mind back around just in time to prove to psychiatric evaluation that I hadn't sustained any brain damage. Which was good. Cuz nobody seemed to like the idea of brain damage.

So I've been sleeping a lot. And I got some new teeth which incidentally taste like bullets. I wanted to make sure if anyone else has teeth repaired that they pay close attention to taste. Course, you won't recognize the flavor if you've never had bullets in your mouth. Don't ask me how I do, its just one of those tastes you know from childhood like quarters and door knobs.

Anyway, the car is done. And I almost was. But I'm improving.

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe this happened. We're all just glad you're ok...well, getting there. Still praying for a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete