Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Freaked out in Florida

A while ago the management here at the Ben Brooksby blog put out an open invitation to our readers for questions regarding anything that might be on their troubled minds. After sifting through the mountains of prank mail and false pretenses we've finally recieved one searingly important question all the way from Lone Cabbage, Fish Camp, Florida.


Dear Mr. Brooksby

I had a question for you. I guess I just need some advice. I'm going to be in sixth grade this year but right now its summer so I'm not anything. I don't like school because the people there are morons and there's this girl that I think likes me. Let me explain. I had to give a report on something I found interesting. Most of the other kids did theirs on Justin Bieber and why Brittany Spears should stop marketing her body to people our age, I mean what is she now? 40? So I did mine on tigers because they're awesome. Well this girl in my class decided I'm some kind of tiger enthusiast. Every day she comes up and stands over me( Oh yeah. She's like six feet tall) and asks me, "How are the tigers today?" Then everybody laughs at me because they're afraid if they don't she'll think they're trying to be a hero or something like the time she beat up the deaf kid for not joining in. I don't mind being laughed at so much but I guess she figured that out cuz then she started elbowing me in the face a lot whenever she can, like in the recess line, the lunch line, the bus line, and every time she gets up to go to the bathroom or sharpen her pencil. But I can live with that too. The worst part is that now I'm in a summer program because my teacher thought I was getting beat up at home and she's in it! But the worst of the worst is that yesterday she passed me a note instead of an elbow on the bus. When I got home, I opened it and it said, "Will you be my boyfriend?"

I don't know what to do. Luckily I get a few more days before I have to go back because of the Seventh of July weekend, but I really need to know what to do because if I answer wrong she might kill me, but I don't know which one that would be. Can someone please help? This is an emergency!

-Freaked out in Florida

3 comments:

  1. Honey, you need to talk to your teacher about this situation before things become too uncomfortable. No sexual harassment should ever go unreported. Her job is to raise you and teach you right and wrong. She has tools to help guide you through this time of life when your orientation is still unknown. No one should pressure you one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Billmore FassbinderJuly 8, 2010 at 8:43 AM

    I don't know what kinda nancy advice this rainbow head or whatever is giving you, but I'd say its time for some Karate lessons. My son was in a similar situation and had to learn to stand up for himself and stop being such a wuss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be afraid of retribution. Be honest with yourself and with her about your feelings and I'm sure she'll understand.

    ReplyDelete