Thursday, July 22, 2010

Jump Around




STILLS PRojECT from Ben Brooksby on Vimeo.

Here's a little project I did to experiment with still frame images from my Canon 7D. 


The thing can shoot at 8fps which means I can composite great shots like the two pictured here to the right. I wanted to see if I could put them into a timeline and export as video. Found out it was pretty easy. I added some photos I took at the local Draper Days fireworks show where I got tired of the "here's my summer" photos and started opening the shutter for a few seconds at a time and waving the camera around to get a more abstract image.  Anyway when I made them  a video file, they danced around really nicely and I got the idea to lay them over the rest of the video like burnt scratches in film stock. So I did and then I thought, hey why not use some of the shots I've got at 60fps? So I played around with speed ramping those with "optical flow" in Motion. Then I thought I'd add some titles so I did that too and liked it. If you don't like it, leave a comment for everybody to read. Thanks and have a happy day... or night as the case may be.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks. I have epilepsy. Why don't you put a warning on your stupid video.

    ReplyDelete